DUAAUK, a Registered Charity (C/N 1194560) registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales on the 21st May 2021 as CIO (Charitable Incorporated Organisation). Initially, it was formed in 2015 and registered as a “DU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION UK (DUAAUK)” in 2016 (replaced by Charity as above) as an extension of The Dhaka University Alumni Association (Central Alumni Association) in Dhaka to enhance its activities to the international horizon with the dynamic leadership of Rahman Jilani, President, Anwar Kabir Khan, Secretary-General and its Executive committee (EC) members. Our origin, Dhaka University Alumni Association in Dhaka was established on the twenty fourth September 1949. The Association was formed as a social club of former students of the University with the objective of promoting the interests of the University and its students.
The Alumni Association connects, cultivates and channels the power of alumni to advance themselves and the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
DU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION UK (DUAAUK) fosters the good relationship and connects the Alumni living in the UK and Ireland. We are here to serve the best interest of the Alumni, who were the former students of the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, (‘the University”). Our extended objectives are reflected in the CIO documents as "The object of the CIO is, for the public benefit, to promote the education of people in the UK and Bangladesh by providing scholarship and other grants to individuals, charities and educational institutions".
Other objectives are:
- To promote the image of the University;
- To enhance and promote friendship, cordial relationship, unity and brotherhoods among the former students of the University ("the Alumni") residing in the UK and Ireland;
- To help and support the Alumni, friends and families;
- To raise funds for scholarships to meritorious and poor students of the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh;
- To organise re-union, seminar, symposium, workshop, exhibition and pleasure trips for the Alumni;
- To publish online and other journals, souvenir, booklets etc. for the Alumni;
- To organise social, cultural and other national & international events;
- To foster friendly relationship with Bangladeshi community and other UK communities to promote our cultural heritage;
- To provide voluntary services to promote welfare of the Dhaka University Alumni and other communities in the UK and Ireland.